High School Curriculum Highlights
Elective Courses: We offer a variety of electives to give students the opportunities to enhance their academic program, explore possible interests, and prepare them for “Life After Lowell”. These include the following: Marine Biology, Robotics, Creative Writing, Drama, American Sign Language, Introduction to Law, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Child Development, Media Arts, Photography, and Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
Senior Seminar: Given during the students’ final year, this class helps them transition from high school to “Life After Lowell”. Writing resumes, filling out applications, and budgeting financial responsibilities are a few of the topics covered.
W.A.G.E. (Work and Gain Experience): This program four our seniors combines academic and vocational skills both in school and at various off campus school work sites. Some of the sites are Petco, Old Navy, Outback Restaurant, and Ozanam Nursing Home.
- Reading and Math Specialists for one to one or small group instruction.
- Regents preparation classes and individual tutoring
- Assistive technology including Laptops, and iPads
- Classroom SMART Boards and Audio Systems, which deliver clear audio, excellent sound distribution, and high speech intelligibility
- Access to various eBooks, “BookShare” and “Books on Tape”
- Computer lab