High School Curriculum Highlights
Elective Courses: We offer a variety of electives to give students the opportunities to enhance their academic program, explore possible interests, and prepare them for “Life After Lowell”. These include the following: Marine Biology, Robotics, Creative Writing, Drama, American Sign Language, Introduction to Law, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Child Development, Media Arts, Photography and Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
Senior Seminar: Given during the students’ final year, this class helps them transition from high school to “Life After Lowell”. Writing resumes, filling out applications, and budgeting financial responsibilities are a few of the topics covered.
“Geomotion”: This program, used in our Physical Education classes, promotes fitness and helps develop Executive Functioning skills.
W.A.G.E. (Work and Gain Experience): This program combines academic and vocational skills both in school and at various out of school work sites.
- Reading and Math Specialists for one to one or small group instruction.
- Regents preparation classes and individual tutoring
- Assistive technology including Alpha Smarts, Laptops, and iPads
- Classroom SMART Boards and Audio Systems, which deliver clear audio, excellent sound distribution, and high speech intelligibility
- Access to various eBooks, “BookShare” and “Books on Tape
- Computer lab and mobile laptop computer lab
- Students may go to the library and computer lab during lunch for extra help.